Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summer TV and movies

I've always dreaded summer TV, with the pause in favorite shows and all the re-runs. So I was excited to see that a show I loved last summer has already started, "In Plain Sight" and I've been able to catch the episodes on-line (we don't have cable any longer). This is a great show about the witness protection program. The main character is a female Federal Marshall who puts up with very little from the bad guys, but a lot from her dysfunctional sister and mother. It is funny and suspenseful, which I appreciate.



I had been looking forward to the start of the new show on FOX: Glee. It looked like it would just be a light, fun, comedy and I enjoyed the premiere episode. . . only to find out it was a show that would not air again until the Fall. I felt like Hiram at that moment and wanted to say "NO FAIR!" Ha ha ha. It looks like a fun show, so I look forward to its fall season. Hopefully it lives up to the premiere episode. Did anyone else see the episode only to be disappointed that the show doesn't start yet?


I have to say I'm excited for the release of some upcoming movies, which I haven't been in a long time. Some movies on my list to see are Night at the Museum II and UP! which has had wonderful reviews (Mike Evans gave it 4 stars, which I've never heard him do before.) There are also some comedies that look humorous: My Sister's Keeper and The Proposal. Also Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is due out in July. I realize I'm babbling about entertainment, however I felt if I wrote it down, I'd actually remember there were movies that I was interested in and maybe, just maybe go see them. We are not big movie goers, but occasionally there are some that get is interested enough to go.

No comments: