I have the worst luck at one of our local movie theaters, AMC 24. The past few times I have gone, the weirdest things have happened. One morning my family got up and decided to go see the 10:00 a.m. show (which we NEVER do). We were all excited and when we arrived at AMC 24, everyone was walking away. We thought it was unusual, and as we started walking towards the ticket counter, a lady stopped us and let us know the manager on duty had over slept so there would be now shows until after 1:00, nice we thought.
Then tonight some friends and I headed to see the opening of "UP." We were all excited, got into the theater, started watching the previews, and then all of a sudden this weird brown goop started showing on the screen (the kids thought it was very cool, until they realized the picture wasn't really changing.) Then next thing we know the lights come on, then go out, then come back on (sort of), but no movie and the screen is blank. Then a gentleman comes in (he didn't work there, he was just letting us know) to tell us that a car hit a transformer outside of the theatre and knocked out the power for the WHOLE strip mall the theater was playing in and that the theater was being evacuated. Fortunately, the theater will honor the tickets at a time of our choosing, but I'm a little skeptical, because I seem to bring bad luck with me. Who knew I had a talent for ruining movie theaters? Let me know if there is one near you that you are dissatisfied with. ha ha ha.
As I'm sitting here, I'm thinking that maybe it was just my luck for the day. I woke up with a migraine headache which is always a good sign. Then as that started fading, well once the drugs kicked in, I was determined to get my lawn mowed. While mowing my lawn, I stupidly tried to lower it and accidently touched the HOTTEST part of the mower and burned my hand beautifully. Then as I was still trying to struggle through to get the job done, a fell backwards over the stack of bricks in my yard and bruised my bum, well maybe more my pride. So now, the movie experience seems like a fitting end to the day. And yes, I know I am whining.
Then tonight some friends and I headed to see the opening of "UP." We were all excited, got into the theater, started watching the previews, and then all of a sudden this weird brown goop started showing on the screen (the kids thought it was very cool, until they realized the picture wasn't really changing.) Then next thing we know the lights come on, then go out, then come back on (sort of), but no movie and the screen is blank. Then a gentleman comes in (he didn't work there, he was just letting us know) to tell us that a car hit a transformer outside of the theatre and knocked out the power for the WHOLE strip mall the theater was playing in and that the theater was being evacuated. Fortunately, the theater will honor the tickets at a time of our choosing, but I'm a little skeptical, because I seem to bring bad luck with me. Who knew I had a talent for ruining movie theaters? Let me know if there is one near you that you are dissatisfied with. ha ha ha.
As I'm sitting here, I'm thinking that maybe it was just my luck for the day. I woke up with a migraine headache which is always a good sign. Then as that started fading, well once the drugs kicked in, I was determined to get my lawn mowed. While mowing my lawn, I stupidly tried to lower it and accidently touched the HOTTEST part of the mower and burned my hand beautifully. Then as I was still trying to struggle through to get the job done, a fell backwards over the stack of bricks in my yard and bruised my bum, well maybe more my pride. So now, the movie experience seems like a fitting end to the day. And yes, I know I am whining.
Those white marks are not the flash, I really wish they were
1 comment:
Oh, Corey! I hope tomorrow is better.
Post a Comment