Monday, May 4, 2009

A day for kids

On Saturday, I took the kids to the Children's festival in our area. It was a very fun day, although it was very crowded there. All the rides and events were free, you just paid for parking and if you wanted food. The kids had a great time climbing the rock wall, I was very proud of their determination to climb. They both said it was a lot harder than it looked from the ground, but they both put forth a good effort. We also got to go on a mule ride, make different crafts, see a sheep get sheared, ride on a mini train, play with a giant parachute, and of course get fun balloon creatures made by Giggles the clown. Hiram loved his little turtle so much he still has it! We also saw a floating running faucet, which amazed the kids. I'm thankful that our area is so family friendly and have many different activities for children. (I was impressed with my camera phone, which these pictures were taken with. . . I am perpetually forgetting my camera, so I am also grateful for camera phones!)












2 comments:

Carrie Medford said...

That's one thing I miss about VA--all the family-friendly events. I'm glad you guys are having fun. That festival looks like it would have been a blast--and how awesome that it was free too!

Deborah said...

I love your header!