Before it got too hot, we all headed down to the Norfolk Botanical Gardens. The kids especially enjoyed the climbing trees, while I enjoyed the peaceful, beautiful setting. Dan enjoyed snapping pictures and, well, not being at work. We are headed back sometime this week or next to see the butterfly house and Storybook Village that just opened, we look forward to going back.



At the beginning of June, my sister Sarah came down for a week, and we had a great time. We went to Busch Gardens and Water Country. It was so fun being with her and her mini-me.
Finlee kept us on our toes and laughing a whole lot.


On June 19
th,
Noleigh had her Ballet Recital at
Willet Hall. No pictures or videos were allowed, so I snapped a quick picture back stage. She and her class did a great job and I enjoyed seeing her hard work pay off.
Noleigh also celebrated her birthday this month. We had to celebrate a little late, Dan had a military exercise, and we wanted him to be able to celebrate with us. He was the one who made her birthday cake, which was very yummy!

The week of the 21st, the kids went to summer camp at the Air and Space Museum. They had a great time, and at the end they had an Ogre and Princess Parade. They had a wonderful time flying kites, making ogre slime, building catapults, planting a beanstalk, seeing the new
exhibit Grossology, and doing other gross and fun things. I, in usual fashion, forgot my camera so I did the best I could with my cell phone. I'm grateful that I had at least that on me, though it didn't take very good pictures, at least we have something.
No comments:
Post a Comment