Hot days are here, and I have been in the mood for some light, easy dinners. Last night we had Antipasto Tortellini Salad, which was a huge hit and took maybe 15 minutes to make (I had to wait for the tortellini to boil). I used a homemade balsamic vinaigrette which I enjoyed so much I used the rest on my salad at lunch. I also threw in one boiled chicken breast, because Dan has to have meat with his meals. Any precooked chicken would work.
(Picture from Betty Crocker)Antipasto Tortellini Salad
| 1 | package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini |
| 1 | cup drained Giardiniera vegetable mix (from 12-oz jar), near pickles |
| 1 | can (15 oz) Progresso® dark red kidney beans, drained, rinsed |
| 3 | plum (Roma) tomatoes, coarsely chopped (1 cup) |
| 4 | medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup) |
| 2 | tablespoons chopped fresh parsley |
| 1/2 | cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing |
| Print these coupons... | ||||||
| About Concordance™ | ||||||
1.
Cook and drain tortellini as directed on package. Rinse with cold water; drain.
2.
Cut up large pieces in Giardiniera vegetable mix. In large bowl, mix tortellini, vegetable mix and remaining ingredients except dressing. Add dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 2 hours.
My picture, ha ha, big difference
Tonight I threw this little number together. Took all of 15 minutes to make, I like it, I'll update after dinner on how kids liked it. . .
(adjust to family size, this feeds 4)
3/4 pkg of Orzo, cooked according to box directions
1/2 pkg of fresh Mozzarella, cut into cubes
2 vine-ripe medium tomatoes
Fresh Basil, about 8 leaves, chopped
Turkey Pepperoni, about 12 sliced (only because of Dan, is good without as well, or use another meat)
Olive Oil, to coat
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Boil Orzo. Cut Mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and pepperoni while pasta is boiling. Once Orzo is finished, run under cool water to cool down, coat with olive oil to prevent from sticking, add all other ingredients, mix, enjoy!
(adjust to family size, this feeds 4)
3/4 pkg of Orzo, cooked according to box directions
1/2 pkg of fresh Mozzarella, cut into cubes
2 vine-ripe medium tomatoes
Fresh Basil, about 8 leaves, chopped
Turkey Pepperoni, about 12 sliced (only because of Dan, is good without as well, or use another meat)
Olive Oil, to coat
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Boil Orzo. Cut Mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and pepperoni while pasta is boiling. Once Orzo is finished, run under cool water to cool down, coat with olive oil to prevent from sticking, add all other ingredients, mix, enjoy!
2 comments:
The kids and I liked it fine, Dan didn't care for the basil in it. So if you like fresh basil, this ones for you!
Looks delish!
Post a Comment