It has been such an interesting week, we started with snow on Monday and today we spent the day in shorts at the park. The weather here is so unpredictable, but I love it. I love that we have breaks each season. Yesterday, the kids and I went down to Buckroe Beach and went for a bicycle ride. It was wonderful being by the Chesapeake Bay and feeling the sea air. Dan and I have been started setting goals for where we want to move when he retires, though it is still 8 years away. He wants very badly to be in Ohio around his family, which I completely understand. His family there are kind, supportive, and just lovely. It is peaceful farm country, and the kids love our time there.
As for me, I've always lived by the ocean. I can't remember a time I wasn't by the water. When I was young, we lived in Key West, and the ocean was just out in front of our home. I remember searching for sea urchins and conch shells. There was a rock that was really only visible during a low tide that I loved to wade out to and sit on. It was amazing to watch the sunsets and the occasional water spout. It was a fun experience, and I miss those carefree days. Here, we have the great jellyfish migration every year and it is GROSS to swim in. In Key West, they had the man of wars, which looked basically like these bubbles all over the beach. They were probably just as yucky, but I remember being in awe of how many there were and how they spread across the beach.
One Summer, I had the opportunity to be in a Science Camp for a few weeks, and one of our excurisions took us snorkling around Sand Key. It was so much fun! I loved seeing all the marine life and dreamed I'd one day be a marine biologist. We also spent time talking about dinosaurs and I wanted to be a paleontologist, so I was a bit fickle. It's fun to look back and remember when the world held so much wonder.
Anyways, I guess I'm in a nostalgic mood as I think of future life changes and will continue to babble if I don't go to bed, so I'll sign off for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment