Friday, April 9, 2010

New Beginnings and Best Friends

On March 27, my dad invited us to attend the commissioning of the USS New Mexico, a brand new submarine. It was very cool to be there and watch the sub "come to life." You can see the George H Bush, the newest air craft carrier in the background. We attended the christening and commissioning of that vessel a few years ago. I thought this was a cool picture, as it captured both. One of the neat things about this commissioning, was that descendants of the Navajo Code Talkers had been invited to attend. I felt very humbled.






I had to take this picture, it is proof that my kids are best friends. I just loved seeing them squished together enjoying a movie. Noleigh likes to pretend that she doesn't like her brother, but now I have photo evidence of the her true feelings. Ha ha ha!




1 comment:

Deborah said...

What a neat event to go to! Noleigh and Hiram are too cute. Thanks for taking a picture of "77" for me. Too cool! -Thavee