Last Saturday was a very busy day for us and I have pictures of some of our events below. It started with a soccer game for my daughter, than on to my son's belt promotion ceremony. That was followed by a Primary Activity after, which went very well and my kids had such a good time. It was fun to see our Priesthood come and play games and spend time with the kids. After the activity we headed to a play, Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel, which the kids just loved. The story was fun, the actors sang and dance, and well, could spin a good yarn. I am excited that we bought season tickets and can enjoy other plays. After such a fun day we went to church for dinner and then headed home to CRASH. It was a great day!






We just came back from D.C. tonight. We spent yesterday and today in the Capital. I can't say how much I love that city (well, if I don't have to drive in it). We picked the best time to go, as the Mall was very quiet and we were able to enjoy the museums and monuments without the throng of people. Yesterday we went to Arlington National Cemetery and visited the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I had not had the opportunity to walk through the Cemetery before and am so grateful we took the time yesterday to do so. It was such a quiet and reverent place. My kids were a little overcome by the number of headstones they saw. It is an overwhelming sight. We visited the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and had the opportunity to witness the Changing of the Guard Ceremony. It is such a precise ceremony. You can see the path the soldiers walk marked in the ground from the years of black soles that walk the ground. I was very impressed with the sacredness that this ceremony is conducted in.
This morning we arrived at the Mall, just in time. We got in and parked about 9:30 and headed to the Washington Monument. We went to see if tickets were available and they had some for 10:00, WOW!! Amazing, I've never been able to go in before and this was just amazing. We went all the way to the top and were able to see the capital from such an amazing view.
No comments:
Post a Comment