
After our church meeting we headed out to walk around the small town of Amberg, which is just a few miles from my mom's home. It was beautiful! It was fun too, as there was a festival going on and Elvis songs were being sung by German performers. I got a kick out of that.
I thought this villa was so beautiful!
As we were walking along the outer walls of the city, the kids spotted this watchman.
The towers entering the old part of Ambergto apartment you can take yours with you!
The view of the small river that runs through the town.After a good nights rest, we headed to Nurnberg today. We took the train into town, which was great because we were able to look out the window and talk as we travelled. I am more and more becoming a proponent of train travel! Nurnberg was amazing. While there we toured the Kaiserberg, a castle built maybe around 1100. We took a tour of the castle and looked around the museum, which had armor and weapons from long ago. Hiram thought the weapons were so cool. Walking around, we saw some familiar things, some other amazing things, and some, well, very bizarre things!
The Train
The old village of Nurnberg
A Catholic Cathedral, so big I couldn't get it all in one shot. If you look closely, you see netting and wiring around the different features of the building, to prevent birds from nesting.
A beautiful fountain outside the cathedral. . . .
or maybe bizarre?
This building served as a hospital during different wars, and is now a restaurant





3 comments:
I'm lovin' your travel log. That fountain is... I'll go with bizarre, too. And how in the heck do you move a bay window?
Your travelogue is really intriguing to me...Thavee and I may have a choice of moving to Italy next September and your pictures so far of Germany are really making me think that maybe we should go for it. (He just got selected for Commander, and we are so excited!)
I'm also thinking that you must be having the time of your life walking the grounds of the history that you know so well. :)
Hey Corey! I think you should hand Mom the camera once in a while so that we can see some pictures of you as well as the kids...not that your kids aren't great to look at!!! Love ya!
Post a Comment