Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Very Busy Month!

This past month has been insane. We have had so much going on, it has been hard for us to catch our breath. Back in April, on the weekend of the 26, three of my seven siblings were in town. My brothers Jared and Ben, and my sister Sarah were all here. We had a great day spending time together. We played games, went to Buckroe Beach, ate great food, and just had a fun time together! While we were at the beach, we played tag in the water and enjoyed the beautiful day. We also caught a glimpse of how ducks spend time at the beach.



Ducks at the Beach


Dad, Ben, Jared, Sarah, Noleigh, Hiram, and Me

Ben and Hiram

Jared

This month, Dan was also busy with JLOTS, training exercises down in Virginia Beach. It was funny because he was supposed to be gone for about a week and a half, but instead was gone every other night. They kept in busy sailing back and forth between Ft. Story and Ft. Eustis. On one of the Saturday's he came home early, we were able to spend the afternoon at Grandview Nature Park. This was the first time Dan had been there. He enjoyed it a lot and we had a great time picking up sea shells and walking in the water. Noleigh found some beautiful shells that we made a flower out of in the sand.


Noleigh's flower

Also this month we have been busy finishing up soccer, Dan's college courses, my PTA obligations, and the RIF (Reading is Fundamental) program for Noleigh's school. I was also called to be the Primary President in our ward, which has been interesting so far. I have some pretty big shoes to fill, the last president, Carrie, did an excellent job. We had our first activity on Saturday, May 17. We talked about FHE and put together packages for the all the families that attended. It was a lot of fun, Noleigh and Hiram enjoyed it.


This past weekend was the last weekend for soccer for us as well. Noleigh and Hiram enjoyed playing (well, Hiram sort of) and will be playing again in the Fall. They both received trophies and were excited about that. Me being the great parent I am, forgot to bring my camera for Hiram's soccer party, so I don't have a picture of him receiving his, but below is a picture of Noleigh receiving hers.


Noleigh and her coach, Chris

This month was also my 29 birthday. It is hard to believe that I will be thirty next year. Time goes by so quickly. I had so much fun! Dan was out of town, so some of my friends planned a surprise dinner for me. Thavee came by and took my kids, then a few minutes later two masked women came charging into my house, blindfolded me and put me in a car. There were several other people in the van, whose voices I was trying to recognize. We arrived at the restaurant, Cheeseburger in Paradise, where I was able to remove the blindfold and see who else joined us. It was a large group of us from church: Debbie, Katie, Cherie, Anita, Brenda, Danine, Alyson, Brianna, Taylor, Melissa, Julie, Shauna, and I'm sure I forgot someone, so I apologize if I did. We just had a great time talking and enjoying one another's company. After dinner we went to Debbie's house for a beautiful Sandcastle cake she made and American Idol ice cream. I was so grateful for Debbie and Cherie putting that evening together for me. It meant so much to me! After Dan came home, we had a small celebration with the kids and Dan made me a great cake as well!

Dan has also been on leave these two weeks. He gave Hiram a much needed haircut:

and had some fun with it as well. Hiram, I don't think, was too happy about having his picture taken at this point of the hair cut. Dan also has been teaching Hiram how to use different tools. They spend one morning taking Hiram's bike apart and putting it back together.

So, it has been a busy month. On top of that, I have had a few organizing jobs, which I have been excited about. Also we got the news that the kids will be going to Cooper Magnet School, which is just around the corner from our house. We will be able to ride our bikes to school everyday. It is a year round school, which is great because now we have more flexibility for vacations. The kids will also have to wear uniforms (yeah! no more fighting with Noleigh about what she will wear to school). And, whew, I think that covers this past month for us.

4 comments:

Carrie Medford said...

That does sound busy! I'm sure you're doing a great job as president! And happy birthday! I'm sad I wasn't there to help you celebrate, but it sounds like you had plenty of people there with you. Thanks for being a great friend!

Deborah said...

Fun pictures! I love the beach ones. Sounds like you've been living life to the fullest!

I'm curious as to how the kidnapping pictures turned out. That was fun. Watch out for next year on your big 30!

Anonymous said...

Busy busy!

the dahle family said...

A great update on your busy month! Sounds like it has been lots of fun even with those scary kidnappers :) You're doing an awesome job in your new calling! Katie